Kihilla is an excellent example of a substantial late Victorian house. Of local historical importance, it was built in the 1880's with expansive grounds, inspired by the Arts and Crafts Movement and offers wonderful mountain views. It accommodates up to 60 people and is available for groups to hire at very reasonable rates. Minimum number of six guests in the self contained west wing and minimum of 20 for the main house.
Also available as a great wedding venue for indoor or outdoor weddings. Rooms exit onto hardwood veranda which is great for relaxing surrounded by the tranquil bush property.
The Hall seats approximately 80 people. There is a large dining room / lounge with open fireplace. Only self catering is offered at the moment, with the use of a large commercial grade kitchen.
It is close to Lawson and Hazelbrook Railway stations. Fantastic bushwalks and lots of space for outside activities....
Lyttleton Stores consists of two country style shops that focus on personal service. Pantree Produce caters for the health conscious 'foodie', and Atelier caters for those seeking original hand-made wares.
Pantree is an organic grocery with fresh fruit and vegetables sourced locally and sustainably. It sells grocery items including home and body products for discerning customers who value ethical, small-scale production.
Atelier sources many wares locally, with approximately 70 per cent of makers living in the Blue Mountains! It has a window gallery exhibition of different artists, changing on the first Friday of each month.
Lyttleton Stores are in an 1884 heritage listed building in a heritage precinct in the Blue Mountains with a third shop space, Preserve, being developed for workshops. These will share creative and culinary knowledge and skills with the public, and in the future there will also be a commercial kitchen for cooking workshops.
Lyttleton is a two minute walk from Lawson station on the north side of the town....
The Blue Mountains town of Lawson has had many names. Initially called Twenty Four Mile Hollow due to its location 24 miles from Emu Ford on the Nepean River, the name later changed to Christmas Swamp and then to Blue Mountain. The name Blue Mountain was misleading so Lawson became the new township name, adapted from the surname of one of the three European explorers, who first crossed the Blue Mountains.
Take a walk on the South Lawson Waterfall Circuit which is a two hour circuit walk that takes you past four small waterfalls.
Stop in at Rick Rutherfords Country Shoppe and Nessie's Tearooms for a cuppa or a lovely lunch.
Lawson Pool offers a great place to cool off and have a picnic on a hot summers day....
South Lawson Waterfall Circuit is three kilometres long and traverses South Lawson Park passing four very different waterfalls: Adelina Falls, sand lined Federal Falls, Cataract Falls and Junction Falls - an amphitheatre of cascading water.
This historic walking circuit is popular with locals and is just over one kilometre from the Lawson Railway Station. ...